Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cooking braised beef, part II

 
six hours later, brown the meat in a pan with olive oil and butter
put back to the marinade, cover the lid tightly and let simmer in medium low heat for about 1 1/2 hours or until tender.  For me, in between changing broken light bulbs and making side dishes and clean the kitchen, it took probably two hours. I added a little water so I could have enough liquid to cover the meat, and reduced it towards the end of cooking.  
Ready to serve! (oh don't forget to cut the string that was tying the meat, which I did :)
yum! It was really good, the meat was tender and flavorful.  I think I will make it again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...