Friday, March 11, 2011

          Since my fiance and I started dating, we always meet up with each other about twice a week, usually one day on the weekend and one evening in the middle of the week. Unless things really get hold up because of work, we always made arrangements in this way. Most of the times he drives to me, sometimes I go to him, or we meet up at restaurants in the middle of somewhere to share the driving.

        Those meet in the middle nights resulted in us exploring a lot of places that we normally would never go to. Anyone who lives in Los Angeles knows, if you just walk on the street, you don't see hardly anything at all. You drive and drive and drive, and suddenly there's a little world out there with the cutest shops and restaurants and bars to get lost in, and then four blocks later, nothing again.  Last night we went to a Spanish restaurant in downtown Claremont. Because it was late at night, I got out of my car and found not a single person on the street, nor did I see the restaurant at first, only my fiance was sitting outside the building waiting for me.  When we walked into a hall way and got into the restaurant, suddenly there was a hall jam packed with people having dinner and listening to live flamingo music, on top of that, I had never seen restaurants with customers just singing and playing the guitar at the table on their own, it was quite a lot of fun. I putted on a little makeup for the occasion, which, if you know me, is rare, and got dressed up a little bit. Then it suddenly dawned on me that, after a few more weeks my fiance and I will be moving in together.  There will be no more of these little romantic nights where we hadn't seen each other for a few days, and I'd feel the little tingling feeling in my skin when I see him again. I asked him what he thought of that, he said it'd be much better, he'd prefer to see me all the time. Now that I think about it, I think I'd prefer that too. I can't wait for the day when we share our lives together and get to see him everyday. How does that song go again? You are my sunshine, my only sunshine...

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...