Monday, July 4, 2011

IMG_2183IMG_2163IMG_2162IMG_2184IMG_2173IMG_2428IMG_2414

What I liked the most about my trip was the food. There were a lot of varieties in what we ate, some restaurants specialized in dumplings, some in Chinese BBQ, which was small pieces of lamb or deer meat on a thin skewer, and even country food, the type of food that the farmers like my grandparents used to eat. In the past our relatives from the country side often brought a type of yellow sticky flour in the winter, my grandma would use it to make steamed sticky buns with red bean paste inside. When it's done, you dip them in white sugar to eat. I got a lot of cooking ideas from this trip, many are very healthy options too, especially the type of food from Chinese country side which has a great variety of vegetables and very little meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...