Wednesday, August 17, 2011

IMG_0396IMG_0397

Today was one of those days when I've had just about up to my neck with dish washing and floor swiping. It's the package deal that comes with owing a house, there is the endless cleaning and organizing to the point that if I have to empty another load of dishwasher I could just throw up. I had to go to my old neighborhood today, which has become such a big deal now a days because of the distance, but it was really nice. I had a moment of realization that I had been missing everything about it, my gym that I used to go to that I could regularly chat up to a few regulars while I blow dry my hair, the coffee shop that I go to in the morning and the barista who knows me by my name, the sunlight that shone through the window at the end of my 6am yoga class, the trees on a particular street, buildings that I'm familiar with, the warm sun on my back, the fact that I know every single short cut to get home during rush hour... I guess you can say I feel a little home sick.

I made a point to sign up for a yoga house near my new place, and went back to my favorite yarn shop for some fresh inspiration. I guess when I needed a little pick me up, I should just get a little pick me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...