Wednesday, September 14, 2011

IMG_5577

Here's an perfect example of my horrible perfectionist tendency. I finished my bird cage and it looked fine, except that, there were a few spots that were not spray painted with the same shade of pink as other spots. I tried to spray more paint but the overall color became a shade darker, a shade or two darker! And it made me cringe and gave me a grieve headache! I still can't believe I did this but I stripped off all the paint (OF A BIRD CAGE!!!)with chemicals and repainted the whole thing just so it would look like the light pink that I had imagined it in my head. I didn't know to wear protective clothes except eye goggles, so a lot of the particles of acid got on my skin and burned like hell, but after several days of wrestling with it I got the upper hand. I stripped the new and old paint, applied a white primer and repainted carefully a thin layer of candy pink. So I got what I wanted, but lesson learned: stop being so stupid! Sometimes, good enough is really good enough!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...