Tuesday, September 6, 2011

IMG_7982
IMG_5503IMG_5516IMG_5520IMG_5505

This past week was all about summer fun. We celebrated my husband's birthday with a little picnic on the beach, tried out some new restaurants in town, planted another apple tree ( the first one died), tried new recipes at home, and did quite a bit of gardening. Speaking of which,

IMG_5526

I have been reading 52 Weeks in the California Garden by Robert Smaus. It is a amazing gardening book filled with useful and practical advice. I love how everything is set on a schedule so that you know when to do what exactly, it takes a lot of the confusion out of gardening. And fun facts like you can actually plant cool weather vegetables in the fall in Southern California just makes my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...