Sunday, October 2, 2011

I had a really good day during the day yesterday because it was the day that we had our wedding shower at my husband's work place. I got dressed up around noon while Bobby followed me in and around the house, when I was finished, I picked him up and held him in my arms like a baby and we looked in the mirror and I asked, "who's mommy?" He looked in the mirror because he knew. After the shower my husband decided  to come home with me, which was a couple of hours earlier than usual and work from home. I cooked chicken legs for Kelly and Bobby while he worked, and after they ate, I went to the bank, filled in on the gas, and went to Ross to pick up a small cooking pot. When I came home, my husband had already finished working and was playing fetch with Bobby in the backyard. I let Kelly out in the front yard for some fresh air, and then we decided to go for dinner. I had the most amazing felafel sandwich at our local restaurant. We went home hand in hand. As we drove by a intersection, Jeff said, "hmmm, I think we need soap, " I said, "ok, Ralphs on the right, and Fresh and Easy on the left.  I kind of want to go browse at bookstore too." He said, "hmmm, I feel like going home and walk the doggies and sleep." I said Ok.

It was almost 9pm when we came home to Kelly and Bobby, and put them on the leash and walked a really long way. We always liked to check out the neighborhood houses and see how they decorate their front yard. As we turned towards our street, I was in such a good mood, I was dreaming about all the holidays coming up, and all the holiday dinner and decorations, and how much fun we'd be having this year with Kelly and Bobby all excited for cheese and treats. Jeff said, " do I have your permission to take Bobby off the leash when we get on our street?" I said ok, but at least let's get to our side of the street. It was a little past nine, there was no cars in the neighborhood, and we were two minutes from home, Bobby liked to run, so we let him. Suddenly, he ran across the street and ran back across the street again directly towards me and I saw two beaming lights of a truck and a baning sound and Bobby didn't show up in front of me. It was dark and I run to the street, he was laying on the street. Eyes wide open and he was gone. I started screaming, there was no sound but my scream that pierced the night, and I started yelling at Jeff to find a vet. He ran down the street to get his car and we drove to the vet. It was perhaps the longest 10 minutes of my life, I thought I could feel his breathing but then I couldn't anymore. When we got to the vet he didn't have a pulse or breathing, and then I went into the operating room and saw blood coming everywhere from his ears and nose. I told the vet he was still warm, but she said he had no response.  We took Bobby home and laid him on the living room floor. It was the worst moment of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Anna, I'm so so so sorry to hear this. I'm sure he knows you were such an excellent dog mommy. I can only imagine how hard this is. Sending big hugs your way - hope you guys are doing ok. :(



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...