Friday, November 18, 2011

IMG_8076

A few days before Bobby died, I was wearing an old beige trench coat whenever I went out, and sometimes I just left it on the sofa when I came home. For a couple of days it was left on the sofa arm and by the time I got to it, I noticed that a button was missing. I knew immediately it was Bobby's doing because he loved chewing buttons off clothes. I searched in and around the house, under the sofa, tv stand, bookshelf... but I couldn't find the missing button. I remember searching on the internet trying to find a match, but it was hard to find the exact same shade of color since this was an old coat. This afternoon I went upstairs, and when I came back down, it was laying right there on the white wooden floor. I immediately picked it up, wondering where could Alfie have found it when I searched everywhere and it never showed up! It put a smile on my face, it was some connection to the days I spent with Bobby, and that was very comforting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...