Wednesday, January 18, 2012

IMG_8253

Ever since my walnut tree collapsed, the side corner of my house had been looking like a jungle. I finally got a few plants planted at the old spot today. It feels nice to get things done around the house!

IMG_8372

A camellia tree, two carnations, a french lavender, and something I don't know the names of... it still looks kind of shabby, but no worries, the important thing is to put the plants at the right spot with the right sun requirements, and leave them enough space to grow. I think we are well on our way to having a beautiful front yard again!

Here's my to do list:

1. pave brick pathway in concrete.
2. fix side walk.
3. plant cherry blossom tree.
4. scoop up old gravel, replace with new ones.
5. put in pathway lights.
6. replace iceberg roses under the window.
7. add cement urn planters on the brick posts.

That's about all I can think of for now, and it seems like an awful lot of work. Hopefully I will check off this list soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...