Friday, January 20, 2012

IMG_8443

Here comes the sad truth, after paying a pretty penny for a set of French antique settee and chairs, waiting patiently for weeks for it to be imported into the US, arranging it, rearranging it for day after day after week after week, my house has finally told me that it is not going to work.

I truly believe that when it comes to purchasing a home, the house select its owners too. It also select it's style and furnishings, and when something doesn't work, it simply just doesn't work! The slightly perfectionist tendency in me has caused me to constantly obsessing over rearranging the chairs so that it would be "perfect," and since I have not been able to find a good way to place the chairs "perfectly", it caused discomfort that's hard to describe in words except a sensation of constant headache. Ok, everybody's got their corks, right?

I bought this Mobler chair on ebay last year, it has been to every room of the house except the piano room, today I hauled out all the French chairs and place this little chair in the room, and viola! It is just perfect! It's simple and clean, and what... I don't feel a headache coming on? That means it's good, it's all good! That means we are going to try for a Danish modern look, let's hope better luck the second time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...