Monday, May 7, 2012


Remember this picture from a while back?


Today I hired a gardener to level out the soil near the lemon tree, putted 10 bags of barks on top of the soil, added path stones, and planted a few more plants between the fruit trees.  My side yard, or my secret garden as I like to call it, is now almost a clean slate.  I still have some stuff to clean out, but most of the junk is out of there, and it feels very good!

Next week I'm putting in a couple of fan trellis along the walls with climbing plants, removing the ugly wall shelf, moving out all the unused things, and that should be all the planting and cleaning I will do for the side yard. I can't wait til it's all done so I can start decorating this little space with cute cheesy garden ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...