Tuesday, August 28, 2012

DSC_1765DSC_1774

When Bobby died I had a lot of time on my hands to think about unpleasant things. I started fairy gardening to create a sort of magical world where beloved pets would live forever, and I wanted a backyard full of them. It was very calming and addicting to make miniature gardens, and I soon discovered that it really is one of the best hobbies ever. So one year later I have two new dogs, three total, and a backyard full of fairy gardens. A few days ago I attended a fairy garden exhibit, it was free to attend. Since it was something I really wanted to do, my dear hubby who hates dirt helped me to load a total of 11 heavy containers into our cars, unloaded them at the location, repacked everything and replaced them back to where they were when we got home. It was so much fun to watch kids and grown ups dive their nose into the little gardens to check out the details and taking pictures as they walked by each fairy garden. When I got my gardens back home I couldn't help but feeling happy. I still miss Bobby a lot, but through a bad experience in life I learned a new skill, and was able to share the fun of it with others. Trying my best to get something good out of a bad life experience, I think that was the lesson I learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...