Sunday, October 27, 2013


I spent most part of my Sunday doing yard work. We pay $30 a week for a gardener to come in, but still rake all the dead leaves and do all the trimming ourselves. One day of yard work and two trash can filled with leaves and branches later, my garden is looking somewhat refreshed.  I dug out all the leaves hidden in every corner and under every bush, pulled out spent plants, trimmed off some overgrown bushes, cut off suckers from trees, and spread several bags of compost over cleaned up areas. Gardening really isn't difficult, it just takes some patience. I have to say, I do enjoy doing the work by myself. It's very satisfying being in the outdoors and working with plants.


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...