Monday, October 28, 2013



It was raining lightly today, the first time I really felt like fall had finally arrived.  In a pleasant mood, I decided to whip up a fancy meal by myself.



It took me almost three hours to make Coq au Vin and French apple tart from scratch, but the result was so worth it. I was able to find free range chicken, cipollini onions and French fingerlin potatoes at the market, and even some Burgundy wine for cooking. It was a fantastic experience, so much so that when dinner was on the table, neither my husband nor I exchanged much conversation because we were so concentrated on the flavor of dinner.  I can tell you that doesn't happen often around here, even more strange since we live in a country where food is offered in such endless abondance.   It took me right back to days of this past summer when I was traveling in France and discussing Mozart daily with my taxi driver.  I'm thinking now that at least a couple of days a week I should make some effort to cook a decent meal.  After all, what is life about if not for fine dining?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...