Friday, November 29, 2013





Our home construction has really put me through the wringer for the past few weeks. Stress had a way of catching up to me, so when it was time to travel to see family for Thanks Giving this year, I backed out last minute.  One of my neighbors had invited me previously, so now I took up on their offer and spent Thanks Giving at their house. Besides the delicious meal we had some fascinating conversations, something I don't get to do too much these days.




I have been feeling kind of under the weather lately, so today I just relaxed at home and did scrap booking. When we opened up our fireplace early on in the construction, we discovered a stash of old Christmas cards and memorabilia from the 40s and 50s inside, how it got there? I have no idea.  They are fascinating though, our home address was stated on all the letters and cards, and plumbing bill was $3.00 back then, for instance.

I spent a great deal of time figuring out the best way to display them. There have been quite a few things I accumulated over the past two years that I intend to put into my house history scrapbook. It was a project I wanted to start after we move back into the house, but since our home construction stressed me out just a little more than I could handle, I started my project early to help me relax. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...