Saturday, November 23, 2013




This orchid I purchased earlier this year has re-bloomed. It was no small feat for me as it was misplaced when I first got it and became badly burned. I moved it to a planter shelf with a few other orchids under a huge maple tree for several months. It has been doing pretty well since, and recently bloomed a new set of fragrant flowers. Since the temperature has dropped quite a bit in the past few days, I decided that it was finally time to move all my orchids indoors. 

I really shouldn't have mess with it while the plant is in bloom, but I couldn't resist the temptation of at least freshening it up just a little bit, and that's just what I did.  I had to spend a good half hour cleaning this one up, finally cutting off the burned tips, cleaned up the leaves and sprayed them with hydrogen peroxide.  I then carefully moved some excess moss in the medium and replaced with a bit more bark without touching the roots much as I can, and called it a day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...