Friday, January 10, 2014

The dining room dilemma...

For the past couple of weeks, I have been on the hunt for a good dining table. I had no experience in buying furniture at all when we purchased our first dining table.


You can see in this picture that it is enormous. While it is a fantastic table in quality and design, it is just too big for this room, and the style doesn't quite fit my 1920s vintage home.

Another rather big issue is the benches not being very comfortable for sitting long hours. I often do work or read at this table, and two years of living in the house, I've developed very bad back pain due to these uncomfortable benches.

Since most houses in my neighborhood were pretty old, I often see antique furniture being proudly displayed at our neighbor's homes. I started to realize that there's something very beautiful about a good piece of antique furniture and what it could do to enhance the beauty of a house.

Many of my neighbors have the 1910 period American Arts and Crafts furniture or Tudor style furniture.

Craftsman Dining Room by Seattle Architects & Designers Tim Andersen Architect




On the other hand, there are these beautiful images I found floating the internet. Don't you just love the French flaire? The mixed matched chairs and slip covers?

Now the question is, given the chance, would you buy this?

Or this?



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...