Tuesday, March 18, 2014


I finally found a local powder coating shop that would do the century old sink for me, this is after I had searched high and low for about a year. After this one I doubt the owner will ever take on another sink again. It's not perfect, and it's not porcelain, but it's way better than a fancy paint job, so it's as good as it's gonna get. 

I used to hear a lot of stories about antique sink restoration successes, in reality, you are much much better off with just finding an antique sink in perfect condition. I've suffered long enough on this, I know!

Anyhow I've come through this far, can't go back now! The next thing is to order the fixtures. You just wait, I will bet ten dollars on myself that when I get all things together and spent a pretty penny on fixtures that the plumber is going to tell me that nothing fits, and the sink can't be used. I will deal with it when I cross that bridge. For now, I've got a sink!


Oh, and it's dog approved!


I'm taking out this perfectly functioning sink and putting in a 100 year old junk, I must be losing my mind, oh well.


The second part of my ceiling shade also has arrived from Rejuvenation. So for now I've got a few things hanging around waiting to be installed. The guest bathroom is just begging for a make over, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...