Tuesday, March 11, 2014



My first animal rescue volunteering turned out disastrously. After spending nine hours, me and another volunteer dropped off one of two dogs at a animal trainer in Temecula. This was a last minute rescue as the pup was suppose to be put down. A day later the pup escaped. The animal rescue made a massive search but could not catch her. Last night we got the news that it had ran in front of a car and died.


I took this picture after she got in my car the day we rescued her. She was such a sweet pup, very big and very shut down from the shelter experience. It just plain broke my heart thinking how many people cared for her and if only she hadn't escaped the trainer's home, she could've found a loving family and lived out a great life.  RIP Starburst!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...