Monday, March 16, 2015

  

I'm becoming a real fan of vanda orchids, this particular one is called "sunkiss" and it has small orange flowers.  The nursery where I bought them from put all their vandas in plastic pots, as a result the roots in the pot mostly rotted. This one probably hasn't been at the nursery for long and while it had started rotting, most of the roots are still alive and healthy. I trimmed off the dead roots and there is still plenty left to drape down naturally.


I'm slowly turning my tv room into a orchid green house, aside from having the proper humidity, it's got ample light and air movement, pretty perfect to keep orchids happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...