Saturday, December 5, 2015




Yesterday was Dita Von Teese's book signing event at the Grove in LA. I decided to make this a half day LA trip and drove out very early in the afternoon in order to beat the crowd, and beating the crowd I sure did, me and some other fans waited a few hours early and we were at the top of the line!  I simply had to go meet her in person since I've been so fascinated by her for quite sometime, the temptation was too great!




Dita was very gracious in person, and very patient mind you the line of fans was quite long.  When I walked up to get my book signed she said she loved my brooch and asked me if it was new or vintage, when I said it was vintage, she jokingly said "wow you are lucky I didn't see it first!"  I was just completely blown away because I chose the brooch hoping she might comment on it, and then she said she has a similar one, we almost started a chit chat about vintage brooches and oh how I could keep talking to her about vintage, but so many people patiently waiting so I took my picture and walked off in a daze.


Outside the bookstore the holiday season was in full swing, I was so happy having met this incredible woman in person and feeling more inspired than ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...