Friday, October 21, 2016


It'd been a while since I bought a new lipstick, mainly because I was happy with what I had.  My go to colors had been Ruby Woo and Russian Red from MAC and Harlow Red from Bobbi Brown, during warmer days I love the Chanel Rouge Allure lip gloss, it was the best lip gloss I've discovered so far! But I was walking around department stores yesterday and decided to see what's new this year. I purchased a new one called Red Rock from the same line of MAC lipsticks and now I'm also waiting for the holiday collection to come out in a week or so!





I also picked up a couple of NARS lipsticks, for $28 a tube I had to stop at two, but there were so many lovely colors and the texture felt so luxurious that I'm going to have to come back for more.

It's really hard to describe the power of a small tube of lipstick, while other luxuries in life are harder to come by, nearly anyone can get their hands on a great lip color, be it the Revlon Fire and Ice for under $4.49 or a slightly more expensive brand for $30, it's a small reminder that life is more than the mundane, that something more exciting could be just around the corner.  After all, one could be walking down the streets of Paris rocking a gorgeous red lip!  Or like the vintage advertisement depicted below, tempting the devil with a little red nail and red lipstick!








No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...