Sunday, May 19, 2019




Well, it certainly has been a while since I checked in here, but today feels like the right time to pick it up again!  Mostly I miss writing down tidbits of my life without causing a big deal on social media. 

Kelly had a major health scare recently.  It started with me coming home late one night and noticing that her belly was bloated and she wasn't moving at all.  I decided to check her into an emergency vet clinic in case something was wrong and to my shock the vet told me to put her down.  Either that or I had the option for surgery but she might not survive the surgery.  She ended up being operated on around mid night to have her uterus removed, and she stayed hospitalized for three days and three nights.  Since the emergency clinic closes at 7:30 am, for several days I was responsible for transferring her between two different clinics day and night so she could be monitored.  

The first night she came home with me I honestly thought she wasn't going to make it and just to my luck the power was out in my neighborhood for hours so I sat in the dark with a dying puppy making scary noises I'd never heard before with her tongue stretched out under a little flicker of candle light.  The next morning I found Kelly sleeping next to me and was actually making some movements and she seemed to be gaining a bit of energy.  She's still got 22 staples on her little belly and we are going to get another vet check in a week or so, but she is slowly making some progress.

In any case, after a whole lot of that going on it just seemed like a good idea to deep clean the house to get all that stressful energy out.  I was up at the crack of dawn this morning and it was drizzling rain outside, and I just started going from room to room changing off beddings and curtains and throwing away medical syringes and pill bottles and whatever stuff that came home with Kelly from the vet.  It seems like home is a great place to start if you want to shift the energy in your life.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...