Friday, September 18, 2020

Preferred pasttime



I finally got a chance to go to the bookstore.  I hadn't been in one all year and it was overwhelming and so pleasurable at the same time to be able to physically look at books.  I've been reading digital books all year but I never want to be without bookstores again!

I bought One Hundred Years of Solitude, Olive Again, Dear Edward and Collected Poems by Robert Duncan.  I'm so looking forward to have a little reading time.

I've been really enjoying playing the piano in the evening, when I'm at work there is a lot of chaos and noise and I'm always talking to clients and on the phone, it's nice to be able to quiet down and meditate to the sound of music and just enjoy a relaxing moment.  I appreciate playing the piano so much more because I recently started to play the guitar and it's so hard to pick up a new instrument.  There wasn't a time in my life that I didn't know how to play the piano so it was always something very natural to me, but trying to pick up a new instrument suddenly made me appreciate my ability to play the piano so much more...


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...