Sunday, January 3, 2021



New Year passed by relatively peacefully, I had to work throughout and as soon I'm done with the last major project I promptly fell sick.  I just knew I was pushing it with all the excess stress that I couldn't handle, it was bound to happen... finally I decided that I deserve at least one weekend without thinking about work or stressing over emails.  I also noticed that lately I've just been plain unhappy at work and having to go into the office to do things have become a burden... I'm even surprised at myself how unhappy I am to be there, perhaps this is a good time to take a short break and step away for a little bit.  I have a lot of house chores stacked up, and I've completely neglected taking care of myself the past couple of months.  This would be a good time to take a breather and do a little catch up.


I had so much planned for the new year but at the moment I'm badly in need of some rest and just not fit to jump start the new year.  Instead of thinking about work I started doing some house keeping over the weekend and cooking delicious food at home and watched fun 80s tv shows, sometimes you just gotta chill a little.



Not sure why I had never tried to cook Mexican food at home before but a couple weeks ago I picked up some tortillas from the super market and tried to figure out how to eat it, turned out there are lots of easy ways to use tortillas in cooking, so I made homemade street tacos and they turned out quite delicious, even I was pleasantly surprised.  Encouraged by this development, I've decided to make salsa next!  Sometimes I spent hours in the kitchen and the food turned out awful, it would be so nice to learn a few simple recipes that I could whip up anytime!


It's been quite a while that I did nothing but relax at home, I could really feel the life energy coming back to me instead of feeling like a walking zombie!  I'm looking forward to spend a little time to take care of my puppies and the house in the coming few days.  I always feel so fortunate to have a little space that I call my own and I always want to take care of my home space to make it cozy and comfortable for me and my puppies.








No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...