Saturday, January 9, 2021

 

I took things slow to recover from a really rough work week at the last week of 2020.  With a bit of rest, my perspective on things started to look less bleak.  Having good energy level made such a difference... when I feel tired and down it's very hard to be excited about work and life in general.  


I cooked so much more the last week and half, mostly when I come home it just seemed easier to made something quick like a toast or a small salad or just warm up some soup.  While I make a bite for myself, I will prepare dinner for my pups too.  It's nice to be home for dinner and my puppies get super excited about their meal time as well.  I don't know if life needs a lot of big moments, but the small wonderful moments of everyday life are just as special to me.  

As the month progressed, things started to get really busy again, I had to get up very early in the morning for work and it's always super cold even with the heat on.  I usually have some warm water first thing in the morning and get started on work.


I got a few things done around the house, one of them is cleaning up my ten year old espresso machine and put it to good use again.  I changed out the filter, washed all the removable parts and started making latte at home.  I neglected so much things at home and needed to play catch up, but I've really been wanting to make the effort to make my house a nice and comfortable living space.


It's been so long since I used the espresso machine still it worked very good!  


I even made breakfast for myself on a couple occasion... there's no place to eat breakfast in the restaurant still, but making a pretty breakfast at home is just as special!

With so much stress going on in the outside world, it's nice to be able to come home and enjoy a moment of peace and relax a bit in my own little world. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...