Monday, January 4, 2021

Living in extraordinary times

 


The longer the quarantine continued, the more surreal the whole situation has become.  Last year was a constant struggle to maintain a little bit of normalcy and trying to stay on top of things as much as possible, it seems that nothing carried me through the year except just sheer patience and persistence.

At the end of last year I felt that I didn't do extraordinarily well but I managed to get by ok.  Somehow I kept the roof over my head for me and my pups, got the bills paid and took care and fed myself and four pups.  Also this winter we finally had heat, which the previous year we did not.  Somehow this meager basic necessity took colossal effort but it got done.  Although I would like to do better, it was as much as I could handle in a year's time.  



While flipping through my phone I found these pictures from the summer, somehow it seemed like years ago.. every day life seem the same but looking back in a few months time, everything is changed, nothing stayed the same.  I'm so looking forward to some warmer weather and being able to relax a little bit.  I'm sure I'm not the only person that felt the sudden exhaustion having gone through a rather tiresome year. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...