Friday, October 8, 2010

I have been looking at Chinese art books about paintings from the 19th and 20th century. My uncle is a artist and when I was a child I used to see him roll out large paintings on his table or on the carpet to show his friends works he'd done. I used to be so amazed at what I saw and couldn't believe that those wonderful and intricate drawings were done by hand, I wish I had learned how to draw in the traditional Chinese way, or knew how to play some of the traditional Chinese instrument. I think it's important to get connect with one's roots and culture at some point in life in order to get a better idea of where one comes from, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...