Monday, March 28, 2011

IMG_9116
IMG_9120
So what have I been up to lately? A lot of things, mainly, a piano recital that just took place today. The program was a bit on the heavy side, Bach Toccata in D minor, Beethoven Sonata-appassionata, Chopin Ballade no. 4 and Gaspard de la nuit, the "supposedly" most difficult piece for piano there is along with Islamey. The funny thing is? I was as nervous as I had imagined myself to be, and perhaps even more, but not nearly as relieved as I thought I'd be after it's finished, I felt relaxed, that was all.

As I was driving today, I thought about all the help that I had received from people to make this recital happen, my fiance's support, all the help I got from my piano teacher, friends who came to the recital to support me, the recording artist, and even the concert coordinator and stage manager who were there and gave me peace of mind. It was definitely not the result of a single person, and then, there of course were the many piano teachers that taught me throughout the years since I was a little girl, the effort and care they put in me so I can be the person that I am now. I think this is a day to be grateful, if anything I owed it to them to keep practicing and keep getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...