Tuesday, October 25, 2011

IMG_0510
IMG_0511

Birdcage converted into a mini plant holder. In a few weeks I will be able to tell you if this method works for the plants, in the mean time, this is how I did it. Line the bottom of birdcage with peat moss, then a layer of potting soil mix, select your favorite succulents and carefully plant them inside. Top the soil with another layer of peat moss, then water. I had to tilt the bird cage to let the water drain, my main concern with a bird cage is water not able to drain well, but we'll see about that.

IMG_0460

Speaking of bird cage, I found this black one at the flea market. I spent a couple of evening painting it blue.

IMG_0516

Hmmm, not a major improvement! I always have some decorating ideas but when it comes to fruition it never seem to make a huge difference. Oh well! No bird should be locked in cages, so this is going to be another plant holder:)

IMG_0524

Alfie follows me around everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...