Monday, August 20, 2012

I've been really interested to try out some new recipes lately. It's fun to find out new cooking techniques and learn new cooking terms. The Escoffier is an abridged version of the original book Le Guide Culinaire, at nearly 3000 recipes, it's good enough for me.


The first recipe that I want to try is the brown stock, which requires extensive cooking time and lots of material. I just purchased this heavy gauge aluminum stock pot, which is suppose to be the right material for stock making. Whether it will do fine being on the stove for two or three days, we will have to see about that.


Clean Start by Terry Walters  
Besides the fact that this is a healthy cookbook, the recipes are divided by seasons and browsing through the book, it seems that most of the recipes I would like to try at home on any night of the week. Of course the gorgeous photograph also make it a must have cookbook!


Eggs by Michel Roux

Another cookbook with great recipe and beautiful photographs, need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...