Monday, June 25, 2018






I've had this orchid for at least three years if not more.  It never bloomed for me all this time and I pretty much give up on hoping that it would eventually bloom.  Well, a couple of months ago I saw a sheath developing and it gave me some hope, however the sheath did not have a flower bud emerging for a LONG time.  I have not seen flower buds that took so long to grow.  Finally the last couple weeks or so things seem to have taken some momentum and I finally saw the flower bud taking shape and then a single blooming orchid.

It was definitely a lot of excitement to see the flower blooming, and even a little bit of success felt very rewarding!


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...