Friday, July 31, 2020


I planted some cherry tomato months ago and now everything is ready for harvest, I've been picking bags and bags and taking them to work to give to my co-workers.  My fig tree is also producing a lot of fruit this year, at first I didn't know how to prep them but then I learned that fresh picked figs need to be washed right away otherwise they are coated with the white sticky juice runoff and they are not very pleasant to handle.  However, after rinsing with water, they are perfect just like how I see them at the store!  After that I packed them in sandwich bags and leave in the fridge to cool, this way they last for several days and won't go bad.

Sometimes I think about growing up having to constantly be on the go, changing school to school, moving from city to city, country to country, having to be able to finally settle down and have a place of my own is such a nice feeling.








No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...