Sunday, July 11, 2021

Guilty Pleasure

 

One of my favorite thing to do once in a while is grabbing an iced coffee and perusing the clearance aisle for super discounted designer sunglasses.  Since the pandemic started I hardly ventured out to the stores anymore but I still got a decent collection of pretty sunglasses to use everyday.  Since I started working two weeks ago it's still hard to me to gauge how much I could work and I ended up over doing it on Thursday and having to stay in bed for pretty much two days feeling subpar, in the evening I finally came around to feeling normal again so I got in my car and went to the store for a little shopping and just to get out of the house.

I caught the tail end of retail hour and was able to walk around a bit before the store closed, and came home with this awesome pair of Oliver Peoples cat-eye sunglasses that was on super clearance final sale and I'm planning to switch out the lenses for non-reflective ones.  These would go super perfect with a vintage outfit!



I'm as passionate about sunglasses as a pair of earrings or a beautiful lipstick, they dress up the whole look and not one day I could run around without wearing a pair living in sunny Southern California.  Usually a pretty pair of earrings, a pair of sunglasses and some lipstick and I'm ready to get the day started on a really good note.  

When it comes to picking out the perfect pair I just have three requirements, one is that the lenses can't be in a warm tone because they make everything look like the hot desert, two is that they have to be comfortable and not super tight to wear, and lastly they've got to have some interesting design that make them just a bit special.  


These pink Moschino sunglasses have a cute gold teddy bear on each side and somehow they have a dressed up look without using fancy tacky gold designer names, and I really love that!  These look just as good in pink as in black so I have one in each color in my wardrobe. 


My sunglasses collection is pretty small but I love every piece and they get quite a lot of wear on a daily basis.  For most of this year I struggled with finding joy in dressing up, but with the world slowly opening back up, I feel like my enthusiasm for fashion in general is coming back and I'm looking forward to some fun outings with friends and planning some awesome outfits with my sunnies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...