Wednesday, September 14, 2011

IMG_5560

The weather is finally cool enough to wear some real clothes this week. I bought the Saint James shirt and Repetto flats a while ago but never wore it. Somehow I always tuck the clothes away for a long time before I can feel like they are "mine" to wear.

IMG_5578

This time of year is also great to pick up some outdoor furniture for cheap. I added a outdoor table that goes with my trellis and white cast iron chairs, and also this little bench for the front porch, all for about 1/3 of the original price.  I imagine that one day I will have a container garden on the front porch. It already is starting to look nice. Every evening when I go out to water my flowers, I'm tempted to sit down and enjoy a little moment alone in my garden and watch the quiet street and sleepy houses.

IMG_5570

A couple of weeks ago, my husband and I went out to the beach. When we came back home, there was a little paper bag packed with fresh figs left at our door by the neighbors. It made me think how nice it would be to have fresh figs ourselves. We have a sizable backyard that can park 6 cars, but not a whole lot of dirt space. I've already got four fruit trees and there's not a lot of room left for another one. So I decided that this one is just going to be a container tree for a few years, if it gets too big, I will give it to my parents and let them have it in their backyard!

IMG_5576

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...