Friday, January 27, 2012

IMG_8516IMG_8527IMG_8517IMG_8525IMG_8522
IMG_8521

Here I am still talking about my Christmas present. Among the many many gifts I received from my parents-in-laws this year, there was a gigantic box that sat out in my living room for several weeks all the way up til Christmas morning. Finally I got the chance to open it, and it turned out to be a incomplete miniature farm, modeled after his real farm house, crafted from scratch by my father-in-law.

Not only it was exquisitely crafted, it came with a tiny water pump that could turn into a small fountain at the back of the garden. There were farm animals, a bench with fishing rot by the lake, a little house, and a backyard to the little house with wooden fence, and of course a dog named Rudy and a oil lantern on the front porch.

It's one thing to go out and buy a gift, another to spend hours making one! I spent a long time deciding whether I should make it into a shade garden or a sun garden, finally yesterday I decided that since I could see it more often in the backyard than the front yard, I would make it a shade garden. The part I had to fill in was very easy, I added a gazebo, a gate, and plants. I might go back and change a few plants and add some patio furniture, but the over all layout is set. Fairy gardening is so much fun, have you ever been tempted to make one yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...