Sunday, November 17, 2013


IMG_9838

I left most of my orchids outside for a couple of months but they did not do well. A few days ago I moved them indoors, they've improved tremendously since... only problem? They are all crowding on my very limited kitchen counter space!

When we move back to our house I will designate a space near the window for these orchids, but til then I will have to figure out a way to accommodate their lodging.

IMG_9843

My hubby was away over the weekend for a family celebration. I had to stay behind to keep an eye on the contractors (more horror stories on that later,) and subsequently spent the weekend holed up in the bedroom reading about orchid growing tips. I'm so intrigued about all the fascinating information floating online. Over the weekend I took lots of notes, and put together a basket of "essentials" I now deem of vast importance. Hydrogen peroxide? Check. Rubbing alcohol? Check. Fungicide? Check! Spray bottle? Check. Fertilizer? Check. Scissors? Check. Spare pot? Check. Cinnamon? Check. Mayonnaise? Check. Wait, what? Yep, it's one of the things that I will need according to the world wide web, and I don't doubt for a second it's authority on that:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...