Tuesday, October 31, 2017




One of my all time favorite character in crime fiction is Lucy  Eyelesbarrow from the Miss Marple series 4:50 from Paddington.  Lucy is a professional house keeper in high demand with an exclusive list of clientele, she happens to be an acquaintance of Miss Marple.  Lucy is a girl who's independent, travels alone, and no doubt loves to solve a thrilling murder all the while maintains a fabulous lifestyle.  


The episode opens with Mrs. McGillicuddy witnessing a murder while traveling on a train to meet Miss Marple, after the train conductor refuses to believe the two ladies's stories, miss Marple enlist Lucy's help to find the body and solved the crime.  



Lucy accepts the challenge and arrives at Rutherford Hall disguised as holiday help to the Crackenthorpes... in no less than a fabulous red vintage car( I suppose they would just call it "car" back in those days) and makes an impressive entrance.  She then plays a important role in solving the murder but also sorting out her love life on the side.  

In any case, do check out this episode as I don't want to spoil all the fun details. 






I saved these pictures from a while back and just today found it again, and even now I'm still in owe of her wonderful style!  If there is a fictional world I'd like to be in for a day I think being in this beautiful setting solving murder mysteries with Miss Marple and Lucy would be it!  








No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...