Wednesday, June 5, 2019


It's been sort of a busy week at work and I had to make myself presentable in front of clients, usually I love a sleek dress with heels and adding on a vintage brooch from my personal collection.  Today I'm wearing a 1950s Schreiner of NY pin that I got last year, they have matching earrings too but somehow the clips are too painful to wear all day long.


My favorite pin lady is none other than Madeleine Albright.  She uses her pins to reflect on a particular issue that she's working on at a given moment or simply to reflect her mood of the day.  I highly recommend her book Read My Pins, which is autobiographical yet at the same time with stories and reflections anchored on each particular jewelry from her collection.

I find her stories so fascinating and it gives me a lot of courage and confidence to pursue my own career.  It's so interesting to read stories about her life dealing with tough political situations yet she shows a feminine side through her choice of jewelry, as a woman I find that quality very relatable.  Sometimes I think life is such a adventure if you face life's challenges with some humor and courage, and it's really the only way!  Wearing a little pin is a daily reminder that as a woman you can go out in the world, be your own person and pursue your dreams!














No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...