Thursday, August 8, 2019



I'm perpetually a bit behind on household chores no matter how much I try, but the last few days I am somewhat caught up with a little help from my cleaning lady and I have been working hard to get things more organized.  I'm honestly terrible at house keeping but I always make an effort and do what I can because I enjoy a nice and organized home just as much as everyone else, obviously not everyone has the same talent for everything but making an effort counts!


Yesterday I called in my handyman to help fix a few things around the house, I had a long list of things for him to do but he had to go buy some supplies and we will just have to get all things finished next week!  For now he changed out a couple of light bulbs that have been burnt out in the hallway but require a ladder to access, installed my mini chandelier that I've had for about a year, and finally helped me strapped the three book cases to the wall in case of earthquake!  I've wanted to strap the bookcase down for eight years, and never got around to do it, this is the kind of thing that make me question my ability to survive in this world, but at last it got done!

He also has to replace a broken leaky kitchen faucet, fix a bathroom handle, change out a crusty shower head... that's another thing that I have tolerated for years and years and it suddenly occurred to me that there's no reason to suffer through awful shower head when you can probably buy a cheap one from the hardware store and have it changed out.  It's just one of those things that seems like only grown ups do but now come to think of it I am a grown up after all and since no kind stranger have knocked on my door offering to fix things for me I will just have to call my handyman to do it!

A girl can go without a man in her life, but a good handyman is rather indispensable!



Finally a little relaxation at the end of day, sometimes when I'm too wired and can't relax when it comes to bedtime, a hot bath is always the best thing!  I believe the saying goes, when you're in hot water, enjoy it! 











No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...