Monday, August 19, 2019

Outfit for the week and a few life tidbits




I always like to snap a picture on my way out of the door in the morning, dressing up for the day not only prep my mind ready for work but also is a small way of being creative!  

Over the weekend I wore this denim skirt with elaborate embroideries and a white delicate cotton blouse that's quite old.  I ran around all day in this outfit doing errands and practicing the piano with friends.  We are hoping to put a repertoire together so we can do a small concert which is kind of exciting for me!



I'm seeing quite a lot of sheer blouse at the stores this year but most of them are badly cut and practically unwearable.  I love this black sheer blouse with white embroidered flowers, it's got some delicate ruche across the top and I love how the pattern matches with my handbag!


A little bit of self care goes a long way, this Sunday I got a hair cut after not seeing my stylist for a year, it feels nice to get a trim but at the same time I'm loving my long hair right now!



 Finally my own version of professional outfit when I can't get away not dressing up.  Normally just a simple dress, large work tote and I will pin a vintage brooch for a little interesting twist!  And then off I go to conquer the world! Or at least try to pay my bills!


Alas, if only real life is all about cute shoes and clothes!  I try to get together with friends for weekly meditations because as time progress we move through different emotions and experience new things.  This past week was all about me seeking some clarification on new people that I've encountered this year, and wanting to know what lessons are to be learned from these new encounters.  I find that if I have some question in mind that I have no idea what the answer is, the universe usually provides me with some clarity after a period time of contemplation.

What I've learned is that sometimes it is very important to keep the superfluous out of your life and stay in touch with the essentials.  It applies with friends that you choose to keep in your life and how you decide to treat others.  I've actually discovered that being genuine is very important to me, more than I realized before, and that the ability to believe there are genuine and good things in the world is tremendously important for my own happiness.











No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...