Thursday, December 12, 2019

Planning a few small home improvements





With end of year approaching, I started decluttering around the house again.  It only seems to make sense to declutter the house twice a year because stuff just accumulates over time and without some interference my house could get a little out of control.

I'm also working on a couple projects around the house to make my life a bit easier.  My main floor master bedroom has really served as a junk room and dog room for the last few years because it was so uncomfortable to begin with.  When I first moved into the house years ago I was quite inexperienced with home furnishing and spent a lot of money buying very uncomfortable furniture and mattress etc.  I finally decided that the expensive things that I can't use are really not an asset to my life so I'm planning to purchase new ones to replace them.  That lead to thoughts of redoing the whole room altogether.  For now things that need to be done in the master bedroom that's somewhat urgent,

1. Refinish hardwood floors. 2. Order new window panel. 3. Declutter bedroom drawers and closet. 4. Order new window seat cushions.

The one item that has to be done before everything else is actually getting a new HVAC system into the house.  Being super procrastinator on house maintenance stuff, I somehow survived the whole last winter without proper heating and over the summer a somewhat working AC unit.  This year with temperature dropping slightly I'm just not dealing with it and constantly having a minor cold from the house being a bit too cold.  I figure winter time is probably a better time than summer to have this done and there's nothing I can do about it.

Another super big item on my to do list is to empty out my garage and workshop completely for a studio conversion project that I've been slowly planning.  The space needs to be freed up within the next couple of months or so in order to make proper plans... on top of that, I think living a clutter free life is just good Fengshui!

Home maintenance always seems never ending and so expensive, but I'm grateful to have my own place to live in.  I'm kind of excited to make some positive changes in my home and looking forward to have some fun with the new design!


`






No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...