Saturday, June 29, 2019


I had to do some shopping for my pets today and needed to pick up a few things for my little hamster.  I got Teddy a run about ball and new bag of food and treats etc, and then picked up this small bag of freeze dried raw food for the pups to try.  They are already eating the Nulo brand and have been doing extremely well on them, so hopefully this could be a great little treat for them!


Last night was food prepping day for the pups.  Because of how busy I am, I try to buy in bulk and cook a batch of food that would last them through 2-3 days, that means just about two cooking days in a week and they can have some fresh food everyday!


I tried out a local discount store yesterday, while the environment wasn't exactly super fancy, the price was shockingly good, to my surprise, 3 lbs of ground beef and 6 lbs of chicken plus two bags of veggie costed just under $20.  It's more than enough meat for the pups for a week!


My recipe is super simple, about half meat and half veggie mixed well and cooked together.


I always mix some kibble with fresh cooked food in their bowl because I'm afraid that maybe homemade food is not a complete diet, but my pups love home prepared fresh food so I try to make as often as possible for them!


Everyone just waits around the stove while I'm preparing the food.  Bella looks like a white cloud on my floor here:)


It's hard to see on the pictures but one package of ground beef plus 1.5 bag of veggie made a huge amount food and the left overs went into a couple containers that will be eaten by the pups for the next couple of days!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...