Sunday, July 7, 2019


4th of July went by rather uneventfully except the few earthquakes that shook me up a little.  It just hit me that I was not prepared for any kind of small emergency at all.  So first chance I got yesterday I stopped by the hardware store and bought a bunch of stuff, extra batteries, flashlight, fire extinguisher, gloves, etc.  I also stocked up on dog food and water and bought tv and furniture straps to secure them to the wall.  I'm going to work on making a small emergency kit for the car and for my dogs as well for the coming week or so.  This stuff takes some time so I will just have to get to a bit at a time.  



I spent last evening securing the tv with safety straps and putting museum putty under delicate porcelain decors.  My handyman will have to help me with securing the bookcase and installing the fire extinguishers on the wall among a few other things, it does feel good to take some safety precautions around the house.  




















No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...