Saturday, December 21, 2019





I'm pretty much ready for Christmas except I have to buy some grocery items for our holiday meal on Christmas day.  So far I'm done with the house clean out and a lot of things went to Goodwill and my cleaning lady.  My gardener came by today to trim a few over grown fruit trees and clean out the gutter for me and did a deep clean out for the backyard.  Overall I'm fairly ready for friends' visit and ready to have a nice Christmas this year.

I guess now I have plenty of time left to think about what I want to cook, and for only a few women it should be fairly easy!


I placed cookies and chocolates throughout the house for my guests to enjoy... in containers and wrappers so my puppies won't get to them, but honestly they've never been interested in any kind of candy and I couldn't tempt them.  The plan is to try out a couple of cookie recipes on Christmas day with my friends and just have fun and relax with wine and light cooking.


I did my best at my table setting which is a mish-mash of what I already have.  My Christmas china this year is the Christmas Tree pattern by Spode.  I'm fully aware that my taste in vintage looking tableware isn't very fashionable but it makes me happy!  I am seriously excited and looking forward to enjoy ourselves with beautiful and corny tableware!








No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...