Saturday, January 7, 2023

New Year Preparation


I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I still couldn't help but feeling thankful that all my puppies are with me and we've gone through another holiday season all together.  There seems to always be some hardship around the holidays that make it hard to get into the celebration mode for the last couple years, but I'm determined to actually celebrate holiday season for 2023. 

To prep for the new year, I let go a lot of things around the house.  I went through every area going through drawers and cabinets to see what things can be donate or disposed of.  Things like dishes I don't use, clothes that no longer fit me or shoes I don't wear anymore all found new homes.  It was such a good feeling to let go of things and remove clutter from my home. 

I also dropped off a massive tray of custom jewelry as my vintage days are very much behind me.  Lately I really don't want to be weight down by material things anymore, and I am ready to part ways with a lot of things that I no longer wish to be responsible for.  It felt so good to reclaim my space again and just have a peaceful and organized home. 

Other things that got the boot are several orchids and books that I don't read anymore that are just taking up precious space.  Some area of the home actually required more than one time decluttering, it turned out to be a far bigger project than I anticipated and I'm still not finished, but I've got enough to give me a fresh start for the new year. 

One last thing that I always do for myself before the New Year is buying a brand new journal.  I always love writing down my goals and inspirations and there's nothing that quite like starting a brand new journal that signify putting the old year behind and start the new year fresh.  There is so much trauma from the past year it made me want to not think about it altogether, I'm looking forward to write down some better experiences for this year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...