Saturday, December 24, 2022

Home Improvement Plans for the New Year

 

I stopped by Michael's a week ago and although I swore not to buy anymore planners,  I couldn't resist such a cute cover.  As usual I really enjoy making plans around this time of the year.  Particularly I've been really looking at the kitchen and baths in my house and wondering when I can finally get these areas done.  I'm using this cute little planner for home improvements and it would be good to keep track of expense and timelines somewhere. 


Here's the current set up of my bathroom, I'm embarrassed to say that not a single thing has changed since I moved here eleven years ago.  It's got the early 2000's Tuscany feel and very boxy design because of all the "built ins."  Also since my house was built in the 1920s, I'm looking forward to bringing some 1920's bath flair into the next upgrade.


Here's an inspiration of my bath renovation.  I really love the look of the shower ring and I think it could work well for protecting the windows. 


I'm already super smitten on this vintage style tub, my current tub is in front of two windows and I would like to keep the tub in the same location if possible.  

The more ambitious move is to get rid of the stand alone shower, considering that I have not used it in the past five years, it's function is pretty obsolete in my house.  I'm the one weirdo who much prefer bath over a shower, and the bulky shower took almost half of my tiny bathroom space.  Having a shower and bath combo would open up the space tremendously, as well as allowing me to move the location of the toilet and sink. 


The one thing that bothered me the most about my master bathroom is the door opening to the view of a toilet, with an oddly placed cabinet above it.  Without the shower bulking up the space, it would allow me to move the toilet over and place an elegant pedestal sink over it. 

Currently I'm obsessed with the console sink from FiredEarth, I think it would absolutely be amazing for this space.  


For the area that currently holds the cabinet and sink, I would love to convert it into a sit down vanity area with storage cabinets on both side.  This article has so many great ideas.  Mine would likely be smaller with french panel doors due to the space constrains, but me being a soaking-bath girl and a make-up girl, I would really love to turn this bathroom into a luxurious space for myself. 


Here's an inspo photo I found, I think my tub area will end up looking quite similar! 


Finally, when I think of 1920s bathrooms, I'm always reminded of intricate tile work. This site seems to have some fun design. 


I'm really loving all the tile detail of this bathroom featured on here.  There are vintage style tile makers in LA such as BW tiles that I will have to make a trip over some time soon.  

All in all here is my vision for the master bath, I think it will suit my 1920s home very well and I really can't wait to make it happen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...