Sunday, December 18, 2022

Master bedroom progress


Last year I refinished the bedroom floor in the master bedroom and gave away the old furniture set to my gardener because he had commented on how much he liked it.  It literally took me a whole year to get working on it again because I didn't sleep in there and simply didn't have the time. 

Back in late August I suffered a very bad medical incident that literally threw my life upside down and took me away from being able to live a normal life for months.  It made me realize what an awful and dangerous world we truly live in and there are some medical professionals who could care less about me as a human being and my life meant nothing to them.

While struggling to survive and repairing the damage done by others, I put my focus on home improvement projects again because it's something that I'm passionate about and it always guarantee to brighten up my day.  I finally ordered a new bed, this time I upgraded to a king size low profile bed because I had wanted my pups to be able to jump on the bed with ease and also have plenty of leg room for all of us.  It took me a while to bring in the mattress because the one I had wanted was quite pricy.  I ended up going with a luxurious Beautyrest mattress that has a plush pillow top.  I took Kelly to the mattress store and she helped me negotiate a great bargain.

Yesterday the mattress got delivered after a two week long wait, I immediately went to HomeGoods and picked a new set of quilt and sham and also order a water proof mattress cover online.  In the evening when I got home, I slowly worked on the bed and made dinner for me and the pups, it was such an amazing feeling to focus on something happy.  I'm already loving the natural wood color of the new bed and the mattress feels like soft cloud.  


Our first night trying out the new bed was amazing.  Bella was a bit confused at first as she likes to head upstairs when she's ready for bed so I had to lure her downstairs with a treat.  I slept so well on my new bed and I couldn't even put in words how good it felt to finally get a new bed!


The remaining things that needed to be done include installing new baseboard, fixing the window that Uggie chewed up again!) and making new custom cushions for the window seat.  After that I just need to declutter and organize my closet and also switch out my current IKEA dresser with a new one.  I also want to install some new window covering and I already found some new lace curtain that I really like.  I'm also contemplating painting the room again... but I do still love the current wall color!  So, that's the plan for now.  I can't believe it has taken me this long to get to it but I'm really loving how it's turning out!








No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...