Wednesday, October 12, 2022

A little tlc for the home



The past month and half has been extraordinarily stressful with one traumatic event after another, as a result a lot of things at home were neglected.  I decided to hole up at home this past weekend and work around the house a bit, and also just take some time off for myself so I could heal and recover from all the stress.  It's very hard to make future plans when life is overwhelming, a short break was much needed for me to just recharge and recover. 


All of my orchids had been quite neglected, I spent a lot of time giving them some love, potting several orchids that badly needed a refresh and cleaned up a good deal of them and giving all the orchids a thorough soak in water.  

I also gave some extra love to my puppies as well,  everyone got a hair cut at the groomers and I made delicious meals for everyone just because I had the time.  It was very hard to make plans when life is full of stress, when I'm a bit rested I can finally think about future plans and have a positive outlook on life. 



I also made some more home improvement plans.  It seems that home improvement is just never ending, even if nothing is "improved," a lot of things still needed up keep.  For one, all the flowers pretty much died on the front porch.  It's badly in need of a sprucing up, I bought some new flowers but also made plans to make a new miniature garden.  I also need to purchase a new bed for my master bedroom since I gave my old set away to my gardener as well as finishing painting the master bedroom.  There are also repairs that needed to be done but I never got around to finding the right person to do them.  I've made some plans to take a bit of time off work, perhaps a week or two to focus on myself and my home.  Sometimes I'm so busy making a living that I forgot how to live and once in a while it's good to remind myself of that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...