Wednesday, April 13, 2022


I've been working on a living room/dining room refresh but it's been painfully slow.  I wanted to paint the living room pink but it's a bit nerve recking trying such an unusual color, I really had to take the time making sure this would be the right decision.  At this point, there's very little white wall left as every space is covered in samples!  

Bella is really over it, she's mostly interested in trying different chairs in the room and figuring out which one is the most comfortable one!


So far I've picked out the pink paint that I wanted to use, and ordered a new light fixture for the dining room.  I wanted to mix a little bit of modern elements into the the living room/dining room space and take away some of the ornate and heavy elements.  I also have some cheap sheer curtains that I bought from HomeGoods that needed to be made into custom curtains that fit my window exactly, it's a project all on its own!


 The plan for the living room is 

1. Paint new wall color.
2. Fitting new curtains.
3. Adding a record player and speaker, plus new pillows for the sofa!
4. Adding a table lamp for the piano
5. Find a stand for my guitar.
6. Weed out some items that I haven't used for a while.

My living room is really also serving as a music room since it's where I practice the piano.  I'm looking forward to finally get it finished and perhaps even inviting some friends for a visit!


It's amazing how my energy level returned over the course of a few months, while I focus on healing and recovery, I find that my enthusiasm for a lot of things simply returned, it's such a huge thing to able to enjoy the small things everyday and I'm really excited and looking forward to finishing up this project. 

2 comments:

  1. We are working on revamping our dining room as well!! Best of luck! I really adore the pink! I'm planning on painting my bathroom pink in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love pink for my house! Although it's taking me long time to commit to it :D

      Delete

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...